- These are items that we've personally vetted and that many of our patients find helpful in the bathroom or when they are experiencing symptoms or in the middle of a flare.
- Always consult with your healthcare provider before using any supplements.
- We've provided Amazon Affiliate links to these products - As Amazon Associates, we earn from qualifying purchases from these links.
You spend a lot of time in the bathroom and dealing with symptoms. These are some of our favorite items that can make things a bit easier and provide comfort when you need it the most.
At Amenta Nutrition, we specialize in gastrointestinal and digestive health. We focus on everything - from what you’re eating and drinking to the symptoms you’re experiencing to what’s happening in the bathroom. Essentially, we talk about food and poop all day long!
While most people have no problem discussing food, we know that everyone isn’t always comfortable talking about their symptoms or the struggles (and wins!) they’re having in the bathroom.
That is why we’ve curated this list for you. It contains items we use ourselves and recommend to our patients to help them have a better experience in the bathroom or to provide comfort when they have a bout of symptoms.
All set in the bathroom, but looking for kitchen items that we recommend? Head to this blog for the items that bring us joy and help make cooking a little bit easier.
We’ve provided Amazon Affiliate links to these products, and it should be noted that as Amazon Associates, we earn from qualifying purchases from these links.
We love a good toilet stool. The ones listed below come in a variety of heights and materials. If you have a toilet that sits high or if you’re tall, you’ll probably want to use a 9-inch stool. For low sitting toilets, we find that a 6-7 inch stool works well.
- Squatty Potty, The Original Bathroom Toilet Stool Height, White, 9 in : The OG of toilet stools. This 9 inch stool is good for any toilet height and for those who are on the taller side.
- Squatty Potty Oslo Folding Bamboo Toilet Stool, 7 in, Brown: This toilet stool is for those who want a more natural look in the bathroom.
- Squatty Potty Porta Traveler Foldable Toilet Stool for Travel, 7 in, Gray: A foldable, packable stool that fits easily in your luggage to help keep you on the right track when away from home.
- TUSHY Ottoman: A Premium Toilet Stool for The Bathroom, Modern Sleek Design | Squatting Position Helps Improves Bowel Health & Relieves Constipation (Tall 9" Stool), White/Bamboo: A toilet stool with a more modern design.
- Preparation H Medicated Wipes: These wipes have witch hazel, which can be soothing for external hemorrhoids or for those whose tooshies need an extra bit of love.
- Cottonelle Fresh Care Flushable Moist Wipes 168 ct: A flushable wipe for everyone. These leave you feeling so fresh and so clean!
- Citra Solv Air Scense Essential Oil Air Freshener - Orange Scent - 7 ounce Refreshing, Long-lasting Scent, Eco -Friendly: Everyone poops…but not everyone is comfortable with the smell. This spray covers any smell, leaving the bathroom smelling refreshed.
To Help With Symptoms:
- Hot Water Bottle with Faux Fur Cover by Hugo Frosch (1.8 L): A hot water bottle that feels good on the belly and looks fancy.
- Samply Hot Water Bottle with Soft Cover, 2L: A basic hot water bottle to help with cramping and pain.
- ThermaCare Portable Heating Pad, Joint and Muscle Pain Relief Patches, Multi-Purpose, 3-count: On the go heat patches that can be placed on the belly or anywhere you have aches and pains.
- ThermaCare Portable Heating Pad, Menstrual Pain Relief Patches, 3-count: On the go heat patches made specifically for the region below the belly button. These are helpful for not only for period cramps, but any lower tummy aches.
- BN-LINK Heating Pad for Back Pain and Cramps Relief, Extra Large 12”x24” 4 Auto Shut Off 6 Heat Settings, Moist Dry Heat Options: An old-school, electric heating pad to keep around the house for all your aches and pains.
- Gin Gins Original Chewy Candy by The Ginger People, Individually Wrapped, 1 Lb bag: Ginger is a natural anti-emetic (good for nausea and vomiting). These are individually wrapped and great to keep in your purse, backpack, or briefcase.
- Badia Organic Crystallized Ginger, 10 ounces, Dark Golden: These candied ginger bites are a bit sweeter than the ginger chews, but just as effective as other forms of ginger.
- Traditional Medicinals Tea, Organic Peppermint, 96 Tea Bags: Peppermint tea is cozy, refreshing, and can help when you’re feeling nauseated.
- Traditional Medicinals Tea, Organic Ginger, 96 Tea Bags: Ginger tea is warm and spicy. Like ginger candy, ginger tea can support you when you’re nauseated and may help with bloating.
- IB Gard Gut Health Supplement, Peppermint Oil Capsules for Abdominal Comfort, 48 capsules: Enteric coated peppermint (this breaks down in the gut, not the stomach) is a natural anti-spasmodic and helpful for cramping, pain, and possibly lower belly bloating.
- FD Gard Gut Health Supplement, Indigestion, Nausea, & Bloating, Upset Stomach, 36 capsules: This supplement contains peppermint and caraway oil. This can be helpful for those with early satiety (early fullness), nausea, and upper belly pain.
- Reflux Gourmet- Mint Chocolate Rescue All-Natural Alginate Therapy, Acid Reflux, GERD, LPR, Heartburn Relief, 8 oz tube: This supplement works well for those who experience reflux, especially during the night.
- Reflux Gourmet - Vanilla Caramel Rescue All-Natural Alginate Therapy, Acid Reflux, GERD, LPR, Heartburn Relief, 8 oz tube: For those who dislike mint chocolate but still want all natural relief from reflux.
- Reflux Gourmet Natural Heartburn Acid Reflux Relief Support Supplement for GERD, LPR, Indigestion -Travel Size, 25 count: Individual packets that are great to throw in a carry on (or any bag) to help with heartburn and reflux.