- These are items that we have personally vetted and use daily in our kitchens
- We’ve provided Amazon Affiliate links to these products - As Amazon Associates, we earn from qualifying purchases from these links.
Life can be full of challenges, cooking shouldn't be one of them. Our favorite tools can make things a bit easier for you in the kitchen!
At Amenta, we are passionate about all things related to food. We love talking about it, we love thinking about it, we love making it, and we love eating food. We love how it nourishes our bodies and how it brings our family and friends together.
We know not everyone feels the same. For some, food can be the source of their digestive symptoms. For others, not knowing what to cook, how to meal plan, or just feeling like there’s not enough time to make a meal leads to great anxiety.
That is why we’ve created this kitchen list for you. It contains items that we have personally vetted and use daily in our kitchens. These products help to make cooking a little bit easier and bring us joy when we use them!
We’ve provided Amazon Affiliate links to these products and it should be noted that as Amazon Associates, we earn from qualifying purchases from these links.
Looking for meal prep ideas? Head to this blog for the tips and tricks we use in our own kitchens.
- Victorinox 8 in Chef’s Knife: An all-around great knife. It has a good weight, stays sharp, and isn’t expensive.
- Mercer Culinary M23210 Millenia 10-inch Wide Wavy Edge Bread Knife: This knife will slice through tomatoes and bread with ease.
- Victorinox 3.25 in Swiss Classic Knife with Straight Edge, Spear Point, Paring: An inexpensive knife for the little things - it’s great for peeling or hulling berries.
- Opinel Le Petit Chef Knife Set, Chef Knife with Rounded Tip, Fingers Guard, For Children, Teaching Food Prep and Kitchen Safety, 2 Piece Set, Made in France: A knife that’s perfect for the little ones! It comes with a guard to protect the fingers and aids in teaching proper knife skills.
- Chef’s Choice 4643 Manual Knife Sharpener: Dull knife blades can lead to more accidents in the kitchen. With this sharpener, you’ll always have sharp knives.
- Chef’n FreshForce Citrus Juicer: A citrus juicer that works on lemons, limes, and small oranges. It get’s every last drop of juice and no seeds!
- Oxo Good Grips Swivel Vegetable Peeler: A traditional peeler that feels good in the hand.
- Kuhn Rikon Original Swiss Peeler 3-pack: A Y-shaped peeler for those who prefer a wider handle to grip.
- Oxo Good Grips Stainless Steel Fish Turner: This flipper is not only good for fish. Use it for pancakes, roasted veggies, or to serve lasagna!
- Di Oro Silicone Spatula Set - Rubber Kitchen Spatulas for Baking, Cooking, & Mixing - 600°F (including a mini): Spatulas are great for baking, stirring, and mixing. The mini one is a favorite that gets those last drops of sauce out of a jar and it’s also good for the little ones.
- Makerstep Set of 3 Stainless Steel Fine Mesh Strainers Graduated Sizes 3.38", 5.5", 7.87" Strainer Wire Sieve Sifter with Insulated Handle: Use these mesh strainers to rinse beans and grains or as a colander. You can grab pasta from the boiling water and put it directly in a sauce or use it to sprinkle powdered sugar on pancakes.
- Microplane Classic Zester Grater: A microplane is a fantastic tool! Use it to grate ginger or garlic, grate cheese, and zesting citrus.
- Lavatools Javelin PRO Duo Ambidextrous Backlit Professional Digital Instant Read Thermometer: Ensuring that meat is cooked to temperature is one of the ways to prevent a bout of food poisoning and post-infectious IBS. This thermometer is easy to use and gives an accurate temperature every time!
- Oxo Good Grips Stainless Steel Scraper & Chopper: A bench scraper is one of our most used tools in the kitchen - to scrape away messes, to help transfer chopped veggies to a pan, and to evenly divide dough.
Storage & Such
- Stasher Silicone Reusable Storage Bags, 4-pack: These silicone bags come in a multitude of sizes. They’re good for snacks, lunches, and leftovers. Plus, they’re dishwasher safe.
- Ox Plastics Heavy Duty Aluminum Foodservice Foil 12x1000: Foil is an unsung hero in the kitchen. You can line sheet pans with it for easy clean up, make foil packets to steam fish, keep food warm, and even ball it up and use it as a scrubber! This extra-large food service size ensures that you won’t run out of foil for a very long time - because there’s nothing worse than not having enough for what you need!
- Pyrex Simply Store 24-Pc Glass Food Storage Container Set with Lid, Round & Rectangle Glass Storage Container with Lid, Dishwasher, Microwave & Freezer Safe: These Pyrex containers are so durable and come in a variety of sizes -perfect for meal prepping.
- Snapware Total Solution 20-Pc Plastic Food Storage Containers Set with Lids, 8.5-Cup, 5.5-Cup, 4-Cup, 3-Cup, and 1.2-Cup Meal Prep Containers, BPA-Free Lids with Locking Tabs: This is another great storage container set. The lids lock ensuring no accidental spills.
- Baggu Standard Reusable Shopping Bag Set of 3: These bags hold so much and take up no space. You can keep them in the car for grocery runs and they’re washable!
Cookware & Appliances
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Half Sheet, 2-pack: We love sheet pans! These are lightweight, easy to clean, and are great for sheet pan dinners, baking, and more!
- Lartique Mini 3.5 inch Small Bowls for Prep, Dips, Nuts, or Candy - Set of 12: We use these mini glass bowls all the time. They’re great for prepping while cooking or for nuts, snacks, and olives.
- Dowan 4 oz Porcelain Ramekins Oven Safe, Set of 6, white: Like the Lartique Mini glass bowls, these porcelain ramekins are used for prepping, snacks, and of course, creme brulee or flourless chocolate cake!
- Lodge L8SK3 10-1/4-Inch Pre-Seasoned Skillet: Cast iron skillets are the best and get better the more you use them! They hold heat and help to make food extra crispy. They’re easier to clean than you think (I use soap and a brush - just rinse with water, dry with a cloth, and add a bit of oil and heat on the stove).
- Vitamix 5200 Blender Professional-Grade, Self-Cleaning 64 oz Container: The Vitamix blender is an investment, but it’s so worth it. It can blend everything! We use it for soups, smoothies, sauces, making homemade nut butter, hummus, frozen coffee, and more.
- Nalgene Sustain Tritan BPA-free Water Bottle, 32 oz (1 L): Getting enough fluids throughout the day is so important. This bottle holds a liter, is lightweight, and is great for the gym, office, and just about anywhere.
- Contigo Huron Vacuum-Insulated Stainless Steel Travel Mug with Leak Proof Lid (for hot or cold liquids), 20oz: We love a cup of coffee or tea. This travel mug holds 20 ounces of liquids and will keep your drink of choice hot (or cold) for the entire day!