Weight Loss, Gain, & Maintenance Counseling
Recent studies, including a 2021 case–control retrospective chart review and a 2019 systematic review, show that a dietitian-delivered weight loss intervention program demonstrated greater effectiveness than those delivered by non-dietitians. This included an improvement in clinical outcomes for weight, HbA1C, and reduced medication duration.
Weight management is not just about counting calories. We provide a customized nutrition plan that considers all aspects of your life and uses evidence-based methods for sustainable weight loss.*
For those seeking weight gain, our specialized approach is easy-to-follow and will ensure nutritional needs are met.
Book a free 15-min Consultation
- Dietitian-led coaching for weight loss, weight gain, and weight maintenance
- Research-backed, sustainable recommendations
- “Dr. Google” vs. evidence-based data
- Explaining why yo-yo dieting is not the answer
- Helping you feel your best!
*Results vary depending on your starting point, goals and effort. People working with Amenta can expect to lose 1‑2 lbs/week.
Nutrition Sessions + Packages
Comprehensive Kickoff Session
- One comprehensive 60-minute session. During your first session, we will listen to your concerns and get to know you. You can expect us to review your medical history, food preferences, eating behaviors, and lifestyle. After this assessment, we will work together to create an individualized nutrition plan to help you reach your goals.
- One customized plan with personalized resources. We’ll get you started on your nutrition journey with a plan that may include tips, recipes, product advice, and more (Delivered within 24 hours of our session).
- Mobile health app to access Amenta’s client portal, your custom plan, handouts, messages, and food journal all in one place.
Nutrition à la carte Services
Need extra help? We'd love to make your life easier with these additional add-on options!
- Kitchen & Pantry Makeover This ultimate revamp will put in place the appropriate foods that fit your nutrition goals and lifestyle needs. We will also touch on food safety and organization as well as a few meal-prep secrets.
- Supermarket Tours Let us guide you through an efficient and healthy food shopping experience. Whether virtual or in-person, our tour includes an extensive, personalized shopping list, tips and tricks on reading food labels, and dos and don’ts when it comes to selecting your products.
- Dining Out Assistance Your registered dietitian will provide research-backed recommendations for your restaurant or take-out selections. These can be tailored to your specific medical condition, assigned therapeutic diet, personal dietary needs, and/or lifestyle preferences. Premium options available.
- Meal Planning 101 Learn tips and tricks that keep you and your family healthy. Your dietitian will show you how to eat well without being overwhelmed. She will teach you how to build your plate, increase your variety of foods, how to select recipes, and more!
- Hands-on Cooking Demos We are not chefs, but we are familiar with the New York City food scene. We know how to cook tasty and nutritious food! Our cooking class is appropriate for those that don’t cook often or those that like to dabble in the kitchen.
- Customized Month-long Meal Plan Tailored to meet your needs with strategic pointers within the plan to help you along the way. This is customized to the individual, so pricing varies. Options range from 3 days a week to every day of the month.
- Additional curated services available
For more information regarding services & premium options contact Christine and April!Find Out More
- How Often We Meet:
We meet every 2-3 weeks initially and later transition to meeting once a month or as needed. This is determined based on several factors, including whether you have met your goals, the level of accountability you desire, and what will keep the momentum going for you to reach your goals faster. Establishing long-term health habits takes time and requires a commitment in order to see true success!
We encourage open communication between sessions if you have a question. We will use the Chat Messenger feature of Practice Better for all of our communications in between sessions. If your question requires a more in-depth discussion, we may recommend that we schedule a session to speak so that we can provide more comprehensive support and provide the appropriate time needed to address your questions or concerns. We respond to messages and emails within 48 hours, Monday-Friday during normal business hours. If you reach out over the weekend, please understand we will respond on Monday.
Schedule a Complimentary Consultation!
We want to hear your story and make sure we’re a good fit for each other. In this free call, we’ll also discuss how we, as registered dietitians, can help you, we’ll answer any questions you may have, and figure out whether individual sessions or a package would best suit your needs.
Already know you want to work with us? Book a session here!
- Choose a date and time
- Sign the “Client/Amenta Nutrition Services Agreement”
- Submit payment
- That’s all! - Your dietitian will confirm your appointment shortly after
Do you offer in-person or virtual sessions?
At this time, we are offering both in-person and virtual sessions. Our in-person appointments take place at NUR Space at 596 Warburton Avenue in Hastings-on-Hudson. Our virtual sessions are conducted via video conference through our client platform, Practice Better, and Zoom. These online sessions allow for the same high-quality experience you’d receive during an in-person session, just from the comfort of your own home or office.
How often can I expect to meet with my dietitian?
Depending on your individual needs and circumstances, you will meet with your dietitian every 2-3 weeks initially and then once a month or as needed. This is determined based on several factors: (1) whether you have met your goals, (2) the level of accountability you desire, and/or (3)what will keep the momentum going to reach your goals faster. Establishing long-term health habits requires support by us and a commitment by you in order to see true success - a true team effort!
How do I communicate with my dietitian between appointments?
We encourage open communication between sessions if you have a question. We will use the Chat Messenger feature on our client platform for all communications in between sessions. However, if your question requires a more in-depth discussion, we may recommend that it be discussed at your next session. That way we can provide comprehensive support and the appropriate time needed to address your questions and concerns. We respond to messages and emails within 48 hours, Monday-Friday during normal business hours. If you reach out over the weekend, we will respond on Monday!
Do you offer services other than nutrition counseling?
Yes! We currently offer several add-on options that can help make your journey easier, including Kitchen & Pantry Makeover, Supermarket Tours, Dining Out Assistance, Meal Planning 101, Hands-on Cooking Demos, and Customized Month-long Meal Plans. For more information, see the individual specialties pages or contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What consulting services do you offer?
We are available for in-person and virtual engagements on nutrition-related topics for academic, professional, and consumer audiences, including businesses, universities, medical practices, fitness studios, and conferences. We work with you to develop presentations and events tailored to your needs and your audience’s interests.
Additional services include:
- Media Appearances
- Full or half-day workshops
- University speaking engagements
- Resort wellness events
- Customizable “Wellness Week”/Nutrition programs
- Lunch & Learns
- Group classes/programs/events (i.e. team building, wellness challenges, weight-management coaching, etc)
Find out more here!
What are your insurance & superbills policies?
We don’t currently take insurance but we can provide people in the New York City area with a superbill upon request. This medical receipt can be submitted to your insurance company for reimbursement. Please note that reimbursement may vary depending on your individual provider and policy.
We also offer payment plans to help you invest in yourself. Call us to discuss! 914.222.2977
What is your cancellation policy?
In order to provide the most professional session and to optimize the level of care for you, please understand that your appointment will start at your scheduled time. If you need to cancel or reschedule, please notify us at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment. If greater than 24 hours notice is given, client has the opportunity to reschedule session without penalty.
If canceling within 24 hours of the appointment time, the Client will be charged a cancellation fee of $50. The cancellation fee applies to all sessions, including those in prepaid packages.
A no-show is defined as any appointment with the Client not signing in within the first 15 minutes of the scheduled session. No-shows will forfeit the session with no refund issued and with no rescheduling opportunity. If the missed session is pre-paid, the Client will have forfeited the missed session with the option to purchase a replacement session at $199 for a 60 minute session or $110 for a 35 minute session. There is flexibility for emergencies and is provided at the practitioner's discretion.
What is your refund policy?
Refunds are processed as follows:
Packages paid in full:
- Canceled after the first session and before the second session: an 80% refund will be issued
- Canceled after the second session: a 60% refund will be issued
Packages paid via payment plan:
- Canceled after the first session and before the second session: payments 2-3 (3-month package) and payments 2-6 (6-month package) will not be charged
- Canceled after the second session: payments 2-3 (3-month package) and payments 3-6 (6-month package) will not be charged.
No refunds will be issued after the second coaching session unless management reviews and deems otherwise.
For Square Up customers refunds can take 9-14 business days to complete. Generally, the customers who completed the initial payment with Visa or MasterCard will see a pending transaction for the refund on their bank account around 1-3 days after the refund has been initiated. Keep in mind that the time frame to post a pending refund is ultimately up to the card-issuing bank.
From the blog
Kids in the Kitchen: How inviting them to pitch in can help improve their nutrition!
There are no posts here yet but they're coming soon!